Final Release of iOS 11.3 with new Animoji’s, Processor Throttling, Battery Management, and Health Records etc. started rolling out for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
After beta testing iOS 11.3 since January, Apple today has finally started rolling out the final release of iOS 11.3 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch. The new iOS 11 version comes with the slew of additions, including new Animoji character for iPhone X, ability to turn off CPU throttling for iPhones with aging batteries, improved ARKit for advanced augmented reality and access to health records in Health app.
Augmented Reality in iOS 11.3
ARKit was introduced by Apple with iOS 11 with an intention to put the Augmented reality into the hands of millions of iPhone and iPad users. With iOS 11.3, ARKit has been improved and apps can now deliver AR experiences that use vertical surfaces like walls and doors, whereas in the earlier release it was limited to horizontal surfaces.
Animoji – Lion, Bear, Dragon, and Skull
Four new Animoji’s are added to iOS 11.3 which bring iPhone X users’ expressions to life with Lion, Bear, Dragon, and Skull.
Business Chat is a new way of connecting businesses with the users using the Messages app on iPhone and iPad. Business Chat will be available in beta in the U.S. and top businesses can start rolling out this new messaging feature for customers. With Business Chat users can ask the question about a product or service or make the purchase via Apple Pay. Users are in control of whether to share contact information with a business on Business Chat.
Batteries and Performance
In iOS 11.3 users can check their battery health. This feature recommends if a battery needs to be serviced. It can be found in Settings -> Battery and is available for iPhone 6 or later models.
Users can also see if the power management feature which throttles the processor to prevent unexpected shutdowns when the battery is aged is turned on or off. This feature is found in Settings -> Battery and is available for Phone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
The complete list of iOS 11.3 Features:
- Apple Music now streams music videos uninterrupted by ads. Users can watch the hottest new videos, classics or ones from their favorite artists back-to-back in new music video playlists.
- HomeKit software authentication provides a great new way for developers to add HomeKit support to existing accessories while protecting privacy and security.
- Apple TV app, a unified place for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV users to discover and start watching the best shows and movies, will launch in Brazil and Mexico. These markets join Apple TV app users in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK.
- Apple News makes it easier to stay up-to-date on the most important videos of the day with a new Video group in For You, and improved Top Stories.
- Health Records
- Brazil will gain Siri support on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation), making it possible to search for and access movies, shows, songs, apps and more, using just your voice.
- Support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) to automatically send a user’s current location when making a call to emergency services in countries where AML is supported.
- Data and Privacy
- Commuters in Beijing and Shanghai can begin using Apple Pay on their iPhone and Apple Watch for an easy, fast and secure ride on Metro and bus lines.
Have you installed iOS 11.3? If yes, which of the above features excites you? Do let us know in the comment section below.