Facebook is an irresistible platform, and you will always find yourself in it anytime you are browsing the internet. Whenever I log in to Facebook, I always check my Facebook profile to see who liked, commented, and shared my posts.
When I see numerous activities on my posts, my confidence and ego are boosted. But one question that always crosses my mind is: Can I see who viewed my Facebook profile? Gladly, the answer is YES.
Social media is like a snake in the grass, and we have to identify its wrong sides as well. Some people satisfy their curiosity by watching private lives and photos of others. Initially, Facebook did not support this idea, but the company weakened its position with rising concerns.
When you find out that unknown persons have breached your privacy, you can take immediate action since they have been visiting your profile and yet they are not on your friends’ list.
Our mind is always curious and keen to find out frenemies and friends interested in viewing our Facebook profile. To satisfy this curiosity, we have designed a workaround that will assist you in checking who has viewed your Facebook profile page. Below are the steps to follow:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to know who viewed your Facebook profile (iOS App)
Some time back, Facebook added a feature that allows you to know who viewed your Facebook profile. This feature allows you to see who viewed or visited your Facebook account in the last 30 days.
This feature is hidden deep in the privacy settings and can only be accessed on the Facebook iOS app currently. To achieve this, log in to your FB account and open the main drop-down menu bar. Scroll down until you see the “Privacy Shortcuts“. Just below this new “Privacy Checkup” feature, there is the “Who viewed my profile?” option.
Facebook has not clarified whether this is just a test and if it will be made available to all Facebook users in the coming days.
How to know who viewed my Facebook profile?
Since the above method is only applicable to iPhone users, there is an alternative to check who viewed your Facebook profile by following the below steps:
- Browse Facebook.com on Firefox or Chrome on your laptop or desktop and log in with your details, that is, your username and password.
- Once you are logged in, go to your profile page by left-clicking your mouse from the left-hand corner where your name appears.
- Once you are on your Facebook profile page, with your mouse, right-click. From the pop-up menu, click the View Page Source option.
- The page source is full of HTML text. From here, press CTRL+F on your keyboard, and if you are using a Mac Keyboard, type Command (⌘) + F.
- After that, copy the text “Initialchatfriendslist” and then paste it into the search bar.
- The command reveals countless numbers that are placed one after another. The numbers are profile IDs of your friends who have viewed your Facebook profile page frequently.
- Pick the numbers randomly and paste them next to www.facebook.com/10000xxxxxxxx. Ensure you are logged in to Facebook. When copying the numbers, do not pick -2, which follows the profile ID.
- When you press the Enter button, you will see the friends who viewed your Facebook profile occasionally.
This action can be done multiple times with the various profile ID codes that you have found on this page.
It is important to note that chrome extensions and thirty apps that claim to assist you in finding Facebook users who viewed your profile are not reliable, and you should avoid using them. The methods described above are the only reliable methods currently.
This is a crucial trick since you will always know who is stalking you. Your friends might also be familiar with this trick, and you can get a sudden call from your friends whose profiles you have visited.
The above methods are great to help you find out who viewed your profile. If you are an iOS user, it is much easier for you since it will only take a few steps. We hope this feature present for iOS users will be made available to other users and help us identify those who viewed our Facebook profile or those who stalked us.